- Menstruation – periodic discharge of blood and tissue from the inner lining of the uterus
- Uterus – the womb; the female organ made up of muscles. The bottom is the cervix and it empties out into the vagina.
- Vagina – passageway between the cervix and the vaginal opening which is a part of the vulva.
- Vulva – the entire area between the women’s legs
- The Fallopian tubes – tubes that lead from the ovaries to the uterus. It is the route the egg (ova) takes when it leaves the ovary. It is also the route the sperm takes once it gets deposited in the vagina.
- The Ovaries – the organ that produces the eggs (ova). There are usually 2 ovaries.
- The uterus contracts involuntarily during menses, ovulation, labor and orgasm.
- To reduce cramps, try relaxing, visualizing, stretching, drinking liquids (like water and tea), eating healthy.
- During ovulation, you may feel the ovum (egg) leave the ovary. That would be a mittelschmerz.
Drop a comment or question below.